Spinning a well-functioning web of suppliers who independently ensure perfect delivery of all necessary materials and goods. If all players have access to the relevant information they need, the result is perfect interaction.
The supplier assumes responsibility for a smooth supply and harmonizes its own processes with the customer's specifications. No unnecessary warehousing, balanced supply, synergetic contract conditions. A textbook like win-win relationship.
- Changeover to consumption-based replenishment
- Transition of responsibility for operational MRP management to the vendor
- More responsibility and flexibility in material requirements planning for the vendor
- Time savings for MRP controllers
- Optimized inventories increase liquidity
- More flexibility and transparency for vendors
- Material requirements planning
Relevant MRP information does not reach the vendors. The fixed setting of delivery dates and quantities makes it difficult for the vendor to realize a foresighted planning and often results in delivery delay and high transportation costs.
In GIB VMI the vendor obtains all relevant MRP information from the customer system. Thus he gains the necessary room to optimize his transports and delivery quantities, his ability to deliver and his production as well as his delivery reliability.
On the basis of SAP requirements forecast, relevant VMI stock limits (maximum stock, upper and lower reorder point, safety stock) are permanently checked at material level, adjusted if necessary, and transferred to the VMI Web-Cockpit.
Tab "Stock/requirements list" with data as in SAP MD04 and graphical display of stock development in the analysis period.